What’s the opportunity?
The Senior Product Designer will shape how users experience our product by embedding in our product engineering team, collaboratively identifying the most important aspects of a problem to solve, bringing learnings from users into the team, and leveraging design craft to help throughout the product development process. You will work alongside engineering and report to the head of product. You will be one of a triad of team leaders (alongside product and engineering leads) who are accountable for defining and achieving product success.
What will I do?
- Lead product design and UX design for our product
- Bring user empathy into the organization; learn directly from users to understand problems and workflows beyond a single page or interaction; define and execute on a plan for weekly user conversations
- Test and be accountable to user success for key workflows
- Meet daily with engineering team and product triad leaders (product, design, and engineering leads), while working in a remote environment, to build alignment on the Why (product team’s overarching goals), the What (planning the scope of what we’re building), and the How (technical feasibility and continuous process improvement)
- Build alignment with documents, diagrams, mockups, or prototypes with interaction details appropriate to the product development lifecycle stage
- Inform design work with goals, audiences, scoping options, and technical feasibility
- Design for frequent, iterative releases by the product team
- Be able to walk different types of users through Knapsack’s full user experience
- Help manage Knapsack’s own design system
- Leverage feedback, mentorship, and self-awareness to continuously improve
What experience do I need?
- Experience designing and helping teams release customer-facing enterprise SaaS software products, not just websites
- A primary focus on UX design, with experience talking to users and designing holistic flows to help users accomplish their jobs
- Curious, creative thinker who has worked closely with developers for the full development process, from problem clarification and solution proposals through to detailed UI
- Delivery of high-quality, iterative work in agile, fast-paced environments, with a strong sense of ownership of the results of the design process
- Clear and concise communication of design work and rationale
- Creation of mockups in Figma, leveraging a component methodology
- Experience working with design systems, setting up a design system and/or using a design system to build other products
- Experience highlighting accessible and responsive design for an enterprise SaaS application; clear understanding of WCAG guidelines and their impact on users
- A growth mindset evident by openness to feedback and a readiness to work through complex problems
- Portfolio of work that outlines problems your designs solved and challenges you ran into along the way
- Experience working with teams distributed across different time zones